Welcome to Espresso Shakespeare
This resource is a creative collaboration between The Shakespeare Birthplace Trust and Misfit Incorporated and has been designed to help you make inspired and informed links between Shakespeare’s plays for classroom teaching.
Presented by: Nick Walton, Shakespeare Brithplace Trust and Peter Thomas, AQA Principal Moderator
We suggest you start here:
- Choose a play from the drop-down index above.
- Read the short play synopsis and scroll through the ‘Play in 5 Photos’ slide show to re-familiarise yourself with plot details.
- Click on a hyperlink in the synopsis to bring thematic focus to your exploration.
- Print out the themed extract in full, and compare the alternative interpretations presented in the filmed performances and discussed in the academic commentaries.
- Choose a text-link from the ‘See Also’ box and discover comparison pieces from other Shakespearian works.